There’s nothing quite like curling up with a good book to help you unwind and forget your worries. But selecting the right book to read can be tricky — and it can be even trickier if you’re looking for something based on your current mood. Here are eight book suggestions to consider, depending on how you’re feeling.
- For when you’re feeling nostalgic: The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald. This classic novel is the perfect choice if you’re looking for a bit of nostalgia. It follows the life of the mysterious Jay Gatsby, and tells the story of his attempts to recapture the past.
- For when you’re feeling inspired: The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho. This inspiring tale follows the journey of a young shepherd as he searches for treasure and discovers something far more valuable instead — the wisdom of self-discovery.
- For when you’re feeling brave: To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee. This timeless novel is essential reading, especially if you’re feeling brave enough to take on some of the toughest issues facing society today.
- For when you’re feeling lighthearted: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams. If you’re in the mood for a laugh, this science-fiction comedy is just the thing. It’s a hilarious and thought-provoking journey across space and time.
- For when you’re feeling thoughtful: 1984, George Orwell. This dystopian classic is the perfect choice if you’re feeling contemplative. It’s a sharp and haunting look at the dangers of authoritarian rule.
- For when you’re feeling romantic: Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen. This beloved novel is a must-read if you’re feeling in the mood for romance. It’s a charming and timeless tale of love and folly.
- For when you’re feeling courageous: The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood. No matter what mood you’re in, this captivating novel will fill you with courage and determination. It’s a powerful story about strength and resilience.
- For when you’re feeling curious: The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger. Holden Caulfield’s tale of rebellion makes for an absorbing read. It’s perfect if you’re feeling inquisitive and looking to explore the world around you.